You can move though life at a fast pace or a slow walk but as long as your direction is forward you are sure to gain positive ground. Like Conveyors moving product from place to place at all different speeds the forward direction is the ultimate goal.
The parallels of the two are very similar. When conveying product you need to understand some important factors: 1: What the ultimate destination 2: Is the product fragile and needs special care 3: How is the product introduced to the conveyor (easily and at a metered pace or fast and hard) 4: Will there be a lot of weight on the belt, are we concerned about belt stress vs. Living your life its helpful to understand the following:
- What is "Your" ultimate destination, and how are you going to get there.
- How is your Health? Are you taking care of your body and mind, proper diet
- Do you take things as the come and adapt knowing it will be okay or do you tackle everything head on and try to take charge no matter if you need to or not
- How do you deal with stress in you life? Do you have a means of reducing stress: hobbies, working out, reading a good book or do you keep it all inside thinking you can handle the weight of it all.
Conveyors and Life are very similar, they both require attention, and if you are diligent and pay attention to the signs of wear and take the corrective actions, your Life work balance and your conveyor productivity will stay at the optimum level.
THE TOP 5 THINGS IN LIFE YOU CAN LEARN FROM CONVEYORS:
- Forward is the goal
- Trust the process
- Enjoy the ride
- You get there faster if you don't fight it
- It isn't about the destination, it is about the journey
Remember life is short, no one knows what tomorrow holds for us so stay true to your plan and convey the gifts of life forward... you wont regret it!